Our customer is the largest manufacturer and retailer of sensor equipment in the
world, with a massive global presence in more than 150 countries. They offer a
variety of sensor based applications across a wide range of industries which
includes Automotive, Medical, Aerospace, Defense and many more.
The products and technologies used in this effort by our team and the customer
- IBM Integration Bus v10
- IBM MQ(Messaging)
- IBM WTX
- Oracle 11g
The Business Challenge
With increasing volumes, cost pressure, technological fixes and no reliable requirement specifications our customer was facing difficulty with their integration platform in terms of adapting for the new age. They were looking to upgrade their integration platform's capabilities to have next generation capabilities within an Enterprise Service Bus architecture.
Our customer had been using IBM WTX as their middleware to update their main ERP System (SAP) where they manage all the products that they build and sell through the SAP Material Management module. Some of the main reasons for them to migrate to IBM Integration Bus were,
- Ability to have capabilities to expose and interact with APIs
- Expand their system geographically in APAC and other regions
- Establish a federated ESB that can cater to their growing demand in their WMS (Goods and Product Movement)
Our Solution and Support
Miracle's Integration Team partnered with the customer to migrate the application data interfaces from IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender for launchers to IBM Integration Bus.
The following was the support and solution provided to the customer during this effort,
- Defined an Integration Architecture that could meet the tactical and strategic needs of the project
- Implemented message flow frameworks on IBM Integration Bus to process data transfer between diverse application systems across a variety of protocols and formats in a heterogeneous IT systems landscape - Based the frameworks on the technical architecture and design needed for an ESB architecture
- Implemented code message flow designs in a generic manner which will facilitate implementation of future similar data processing requirements to configuration rather than coding
- Came up with rigorous test cases and provided end results after validating with the previous WTX test results with enhanced maps keeping future requirement in scope
Through the migration to IBM Integration Bus our customer gained the flexibility to design their ESB in an efficient and adaptable way which gave them the capability to easily add new sites across the world and scale up their transaction volume exponentially while also future proofing them for any future needs.
Some of the features and benefits that the customer experienced were,
- Increased performance and efficiency
- Configuration Flexibility
- Business Intelligence
- Data Confidentiality and Integrity
- Lower Software Development and Management Costs