Our customer provides leading edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories and specialty testing laboratories. With scientific expertise in esoteric testing, genomics, and clinical anatomic pathology, our customer performs more than one million tests on approximately 400,000 samples each day. It is a pioneer in applying advances in medicine and science to laboratory testing with more than 35 years of experience in serving physicians and their patients. It operates a sophisticated laboratory network with corporate headquarters in Burlington, NC, and more than 34,000 employees worldwide. Our customer was listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under ticker symbol LH.
The following technologies were used in this implementation :
- Mercator v6.7
- Websphere Transformation Extender v8.2
- Trading Manager v8.2
- DB2 v8.1
- DB2 Connect
- Reduced application development and maintenance costs
- Increased quality of applications reuse of transformation across the enterprise
- Ten progressive years in providing end-to-end B2B, Business Integration, Portals, Application Development and SOA solutions and services to help both large & mid-sized businesses
- We specialize in insurance, healthcare, utilities, automotive and logistics Industry Verticals
- Premier Business Partner with IBM and SOA Specialty Partner with IBM along with Strategic alliances with Oracle, SAP and Microsoft
- Hosts an IBM Business Partner Innovation Center (BPIC)
- Global Development Centers across India, Australia and United Kingdom
- More than 1300 consultants across the globe
Our Customer is using Mercator 6.7 for implementing all the process that includes management of patient's clinical, financial, operational, pharma, compliance and claims data with specific industry standards. But they are unable to quickly code and test the program changes to heritage applications, ongoing maintenance costs raising, respond to evolving industry standards, missing a multipurpose on ramp for data Cleaning and transitioning from File based integration (Email, FTP, VAN, File) and maintaining batch file processes.
How Miracle helped them?
Miracle engaged in migrating Trading Partner E-Commerce (TPEC) to Trading Manager v8.2 on DB2 v8.1 for supporting X12 5020 and EDIFACT D04A and D04B which allows to choose the best standard to integrate with LabCorp's partners. It helps the customer to get update with the latest developments in the standard community by implementing the upcoming HIPAA claims attachments. Miracle Software Systems, Inc. followed MSDM (Miracle Software Development Methodology) designed with vast experience in application development and support. This methodology was modeled on the basis of Rational Unified Process and Agile methodologies taking the best out of these two standards.