Our customer is a financial holding company with investments primarily in companies focused on providing financial services. Their subsidiaries offer a broad array of financial products and services such as Credit Card Lending, Auto Lending, Retail Finance, Loan Servicing and Portfolio Acquisitions.
Tools & Technology Environment
The technologies which were used by our team were
- ALM (Application Lifecycle Management)
- SQL Server 2008
Our customer acquired a smart solution for Rental Management called RAM, after which they decided to migrate its core financial system to a new platform. One of the major hurdles of publishing these changes to production was the lack of a proper QA process and Test Cases.
The migration process required an exhaustive QA and testing process to be put in place, but lack of expertise, documentation and test case design meant the customer was facing some very big challenges.
Some of the challenges for the customer were,
- Various modules and web applications were to be tested
- Product knowledge was very low
- Some areas were not adequately tested earlier
- Documentation was obsolete
Our expertise in Application Development and Management along with our QA Team, meant that we were the perfect fit for the customer needs. Once our teams were tasked with the project, they immediately got to work by analyzing the interfaces and specifications to develop a test strategy and preliminary schedule.
Our team helped to perform business critical functional testing and database testing for the customer's applications. Some of the key testing efforts involved were,
- Verification of customer data in RAM application and database
- Data verification which included EMI calculations based on APR, Loan amount and duration
- Verification of any transformations and change requests
- Carrying out Risk-Based testing and finding defects
- Analyzing defects and suggesting further enhancements
- Agreement Document verification in multiple languages like Spanish,English, etc.
Out of the numerous benefits observed by the customer some of the most important aspects of the project were,
- Over 200 test scenarios identified which are reusable for any further testing
- Identification of over 100 issues to make the application defect free
- Supplemented testing based on Test case artifacts by means of Ad-hoc and Exploratory testing
- Provided Root cause analysis for the issues detected and defect summary report
- Created scope for cost savings through test automation using open source tools
- Testers with domain expert utilized to test resulting in team utilization consistently being above 95%