Our customer is a leading U.S financial company with investments focused on providing financial services to its clients/customers. Its subsidiaries offer a broad array of financial products and services. These subsidiaries provide services related to Credit Card Lending, Auto Lending, Retail Finance, Loan Servicing, and Portfolio Acquisitions.
The products and technologies used in this effort by our team and the customer were,
- VB .NET
- SQL Server Management Studio
The Business Requirement
With technology changing rapidly, our customer wanted to have higher visibility into their transactions going through their core financial system. They were looking to develop and migrate their core financial system to a new platform, but they then realized that an exhaustive QA and Testing needed to be done for this to happen.
Our customer also required a set of web applications for their subsidiaries in order to serve their clients and vendors in a better way. As per the requirement, End-to-End Testing, Functional Testing, and Database Testing were needed to be performed on various modules of the application developed for their subsidiaries.
Our Solution and Support
- Implemented Miracle QA Process Implemented comprehensive and reliable testing processes which adheres to the highest quality of testing standards supported by key drivers - People, Process and Tools, leading to ownership, transparency and effective communication.
- Leveraged Core/Flex Model Provided dedicated offshore QA team to compliment the Development team, forming a well-balanced team with skills necessary for testing. The Core/Flex model provides quick and flexible ramp-up and ramp-down of resource.
- Test Case Creation and Execution Created and executed exhaustive test cases covering Functional, Database and End-to-End test cases. The activities included but not limited were as follows,
- Understand functional requirements and designs
- Create high level scenarios and detailed test cases
- Execute test cases, analyze test results and report defects in Jira
- Use Jira to manage the defect life cycle
- Create and distribute daily execution status and weekly report
- Create weekly status reports and monthly dashboards to share with the management
- Create release end summary reports
We can say that through our innovative services the customer was able to achieve huge benefits. Some of the benefits that our customer experienced are,
- High quality features across configurations (Found more than 300+ critical and 650+ major defects in all the applications tested since the project inception)
- High efficiency in test case distribution, execution, tracking and maintenance
- Minimized bottlenecks during releases, due to testing effectiveness
- Established knowledge base for future releases
- Flexibility to ramp-up and ramp-down QA skilled resources due to leveraging Core/Flex model
- Improved ROI, due to continuous improvement in productivity due to persistent team