Our customer is a children's media enterprise which runs its units all over the world. They are one of the largest sellers, publishers and dealers for wide range of books of age-appropriate learning resources. They have set their scale to a higher level in supplying quality toys, interactive media, informative books, and fun-filled classroom magazines. They have a global connectivity with the customers, across 150 countries and publishing books in over 45 languages.
The following tools and technology were used in this implementation,
- Salesforce.com (CRM)
- Apex REST API (Force.com platform)
- Adobe Campaign Email Integration (Adobe Salesforce Connector)
- Apex SOAP API Web Services (to legacy system)
- Salesforce Analytics
- Custom Data Integration with Amazon Web Services S3 Storage
The Business Challenge
Our customer conducts numerous book fairs around the world with children books and education materials. Their Sales and Customer Representative manually handled and added this data into Salesforce, which was their CRM.
The customer was looking for a solution that can leverage their existing Salesforce implementation and enable the users to manage their profiles, account information and book fair details in a self-service model.
They were looking for an automated integration with third party email provider for marketing and campaigning through the book fair journey of their customers. This included retrieving data from legacy on premise system and direct integration with Salesforce.
Our Solution and Support
Our team has an extensive experience in helping customers with their Salesforce
implementations and integrations across varied fields and domains. This expertise helped our teams to understand the business requirements and come up with cost effective and a 360 degree integration solution that is scalable to customer's growing needs. Below are the steps undertaken to succeed in helping the customer overcome their challenges.
- To trace the customer's requirements our team has interacted with all department's stakeholders by handling the business analysis part of the requirements and created a detailed deliverable document
- Defined and designed an architecture by building it around their current Salesforce implementation which acts as a central piece of the jigsaw
- Implemented a Web Portal by exposing the Salesforce data via Apex REST API and integrated the Customer Email journey with the Adobe Campaign via Adobe Salesforce Connector
- Designed and implemented a custom integration with AWS S3 storage to push pre-identified customer data from Salesforce on a scheduled basis
- Implemented direct two-way integration of Salesforce with on-premise legacy systems to process data where Salesforce is not the master of such data
- Defined scheduled Reports and Dashboards for Executives, every morning providing a complete overview of the whole customer engagement
- Handled historical data from legacy systems for data de-duplication and one-time processing into Salesforce
- All the processes from business analysis are handled through Production Deployments
The following is the architecture of the implementation,
Upon the successful go live of this solution, our client was able to utilize their
Salesforce at multiple levels. Below are the points benefits observed,
- Our client has now a complete solution around and within their Salesforce implementation which is now extensively used by their customers
- The email integration has put in place an automated process which enables them to follow up and educate their customers via email campaigns at various steps of their journey, still completely adhering to their compliance guidelines
- The self-service web portal has drastically reduced the interventions needed by their Sales and Customer service representatives, who used to take calls from their customers - This has now enabled them to best utilize their time for much better and quality engagement with their customers
- Our custom integration of Salesforce data with their AWS S3 has enabled their analytics team to get the data in more accurate form, on demand