Our customer is a leading national clothes retailer in the US, representing some of the best names in Mens, Womens and kids clothes including everyday casual, sports and intimate apparel available in the market. The customer is known for providing extremely high quality, branded and amazingly stylish apparel.
The environment used in this implementation was,
- .NET Framework 4.0
- ASP .NET
- SQL Express
The Business Challenge
The Customer has their Product Catalogue integrated into Amazon and as the purchase orders are created in Amazon they will be downloaded and uploaded for their Retail Partner to process them. Right now all the various steps related to the Order Download, Order Confirmation and Payment information and synchronizing the Orders with their Retail Partner is done manually.
This was becoming very cumbersome, lacked scalability and required automation for growth. Some of the challenges the customer was facing were,
- Huge amounts of manual work to be put in for downloading and processing files for order confirmations
- Lack of technical assistance for working with ftp locations
- No option for processing Orders from different locations
- Lack of Scalability and Flexibility in system for future growth
Our Solution and Support
Our teams, with years of rich IT experience and application development know-how, helped the customer to quickly analyze and understand the business challenge which was restricting their growth. The new solution that our experts proposed was built on .NET 4.0 and SQL Express as a easy-to-access Web Application.
The solution included the following solutions to address their challenges :
- Automated Solution for downloading order files from the FTP Server
- Ability to open/save the files from any location (or) device through a browser based
- Capability to upload Warehouse and Dropship orders from any device
- Automated process for up-loading processed CSV files to the FTP server
- Automated process for creating back up for the processed CSV files
- Printing and Export options for all order files
- Capability to change tax calculations based on location in the US
- Allow the users to process remittance only on specific orders based on date range
Through this solution the customer experienced huge improvements in productivity. The Self-Service Portal helped the customer take their work with them, while reducing the know-how and skill set required to get the process running and working.