Our customer is a retail giant who is well known for their tasty pizza throughout the United States. Their fantastic and unique taste of pizza place them in the top few of all the take-away and pizza delivery restaurant chains in the world. They have over 4000+ stores across the country.
The products and technologies used in this effort by our team and the customer were,
- APIGEE Edge Cloud
- API Development using Java, Spring
- Enterprise logging (Splunk)
- Postman and LoadRunner
- CICD Tools
The Business Requirement
The customer wanted to improve their strategy so that they can re-engineer their reference architecture. They wanted to have their pizza tracking system built using Apigee and other proprietary development tools. This helps them to extend their pizza delivery tracking service to more applications in their ecosystem, and opens up more business cases.
Our Solution and Support
To build an API interface consumable by the external community we used APIGEE based API proxies to offload security, caching and other lightweight processing from the backend enterprise application and databases.
By using the strong analytics capabilities of APIGEE Edge we generated various customizable reports gaining insight into transaction data and customer behavior to determine the origin of requests platform (browser type, mobile type, country of origin etc.) and then conduct predictive analytics.
As part of the overall API strategy, certain APIs were published and monetized for external developers via the APIGEE Developer Portal.
Our EDGE Integration team worked closely with the customer on the following,
- Set up client infrastructure on cloud using APIGEE Edge server
- Rendered software services for business engagements from inception to deployment in production - Team of 3 resources involved in architecture, design and development along with customer architecture team in building up these projects
- Designed and built applications/APIs using APIGEE Edge
- Implemented security using JWT, JWS, Caching mechanism using APIGEE cache, custom policies, versioning, monitoring and testing
- Published the APIs to developer portal
- Developed framework to build, deploy, and manage API proxies for continuous integration and deployment using Jenkins, GitHub, JMeter, Maven, Checkstyle and Junit tools
- Implemented enterprise logging using APIGEE with Splunk
- Configure custom policies in APIGEE Edge, to rapidly create new APIs from existing business assets or cloud services through configuration and a no-coding approach
- Logging the APIGEE proxy transactions using Sumo Logic
- Provided analytics for an API and push notification in APIGEE
- Performed Regression and Performance testing
- Provided security to the API proxy and CORS support in APIGEE
Post implementation, the customer experienced many benefits through the consolidated integration platform and API-first approach. And some of them are listed as follows,
- We have successfully created pizza online tracking system for around 500+ stores
- Provides industry standard API along with best practices to help them secure, control, and optimize the access to APIs
- Configure API management solution to rapidly create new APIs from existing business assets or cloud services through configuration and a no-coding approach
- Able to support high availability and data security across the large national stores
- Better customer service and easier API development using integration, management, monetization and administration